There is a lot of cooking that goes on in the Keith and Christine compound. Seriously, we’re always cooking SOMETHING. We love to entertain and we really like spending time in the kitchen together…even though our food ideals don’t match up completely. We rarely go out to eat, and to be honest, why would we when when we’ve got some much deliciousness going on right here at home? Because we are a “multivore” household, a lot of our recipes have to work with an interchangeable protein. I am becoming a seitan worshiper (hah!), and Upton’s Naturals sent me coupons so I could experiment with their AMAZING product at home. So far, I’ve been working with the Italian Style Seitan and Keith and I developed this Vegan Sausage and Peppers sandwich that will make your Nonnie’s proud!
- 1 pckg. Upton's Naturals Italian Seitan
- 1 green bell pepper (medium)
- 1 red bell pepper (medium)
- 1 small white onion
- 1 1/2 c. tomato sauce (we used our homemade marinara!)
- 1/2 c. Daiya Mozzarella Shreds
- Roughly chop your peppers and onions. Saute them in some EVOO until tender.
- Add Upton's Naturals Italian Seitan and gently break up.
- Cook until lightly browned with a bit of crisp to the seitan.
- Add tomato sauce (make your own or use the canned stuff), and cook down until consistency is thick enough to hold up on a sandwich.
- Pour on your favorite whole grain bun, top with Daiya Mozzarella shreds and Mangia!
Upton’s Naturals provided coupons for complimentary products. No other compensation has been provided and all opinions are honest and my own.